At CNCSourced, we take pride in our hands-on testing of the latest CNC routers and laser engravers that we review and recommend.
We enjoy discovering the lesser-known details that separate the top picks from the rest to find the best CNC router or laser engraver for your needs.
Examples of CNCSourced Hands-On Product Reviews
Here are a few recent CNCs and lasers we own and have tested:
- xTool D1 Pro 20W version
- Ortur Laser Master 3
- Snapmaker 2.0 CNC, laser and 3D printer
- Two Trees TS3
- Two Trees TTS-5.5
- Longer Ray 5
- Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro
- Ortur Laser Master 2
How We Evaluate Products
While we consider more factors than these, here are some key factors we think about when testing CNC routers and laser engravers:
- Overall Build Quality and Reliability: we evaluate this both in terms of overall quality and relative quality – how good is it for the price? Is it a good value, and for whom? We would not recommend a CNC router or laser engraver that is not likely to be reliable in the long term.
- Price & Value For Money: our goal is not only to recommend the best product for you, but also to save you the most money whenever possible. We consider which is the best value for your particular needs, not just which is the best – then it’s your choice with all the info to pick which works for you.
- Upgradeability: we do not want to see a CNC router or laser cutter as a finished product. Some CNCs and lasers can have enclosures, rotary add-ons, air assists, dust shoes, and much more to improve them overall. Whenever possible, we try to provide recommendations for versatility and list the available upgrades.
- Beginner-friendliness: at CNCSourced, we strive to make CNC routers and laser engravers as accessible as possible so that anyone who wants to get started can do so. Especially when reviewing products in the lower price ranges or those aimed at newer makers, we want to show exactly how easy (or difficult) it is to assemble, as well as the user-friendliness of the software, and how prone to issues it is.
That being said, we understand that everyone values different things and has different projects in mind. Therefore, we highlight specific use cases, pros, and cons for each machine we test so that you know exactly what you’re getting.
We Want Our Readers to be Satisfied
At CNCSourced, we take the responsibility to give you the best recommendations possible very seriously. The following points outline our promises to you:
Our Promise of Integrity
We openly disclose that our content and our team of writers are partly funded through affiliate earnings from our recommendations, and we acknowledge that this may create a conflict of interest.
Although we include affiliate links in some of our articles, this does not affect which products we recommend. We frequently recommend products that we do not earn from if you purchase them, and we will always recommend the best product, whether or not it’s an affiliate link.
Real Hands-On Reviews
We believe that personal experience is critical when deciding which CNC router or laser engraver to purchase.
That is why we test the products ourselves.
We only want to give you our honest opinions and thoughts. We also take into account what other customers have to say and look for reviews from reliable sources to provide you with the least biased perspective.
Honesty: Good and Bad
Finally, we are not afraid to tell the truth about a product and mention any negatives. Even if the manufacturer of the CNC router or laser engraver emails us to change the review (this has happened before).
We don’t let companies pressure us into giving better ratings. We inform all manufacturers who send us products about our policy on reviewing products, and believe that it is crucial to provide you with a balanced view so that you can make the best decision for your needs.